If these school hallways could talk
Erected and opened in 1911 to replace an old one room schoo, the school is a 2-story, four room building located on Route #16 three miles west of Waynesboro in Zullinger. Originally grades 1 through 8 were held in the school with each of the four teachers instructing two grades. As the years went by this changed to one grade level per classroom for grades 1 through 4. Part of this ground belonged to the community. In the summers the playground area was used as a summer recreational area for the local children. The school was closed at the end of the 1961-62 school year.
The school is currently in the process of being nominated to the National Register of Historic Places, and a committee is creating a strategic plan to for restoration.